March 26, 2010

Galeria-Taller Eduardo Vegas


As promised, here’s some of the work of Eduardo Vegas, one of Ecuador’s most renowned artists. He is known for his pottery as well as for his murals and public sculpture. His pieces are shown and sold at his gallery/workshop located at Via Turi 201. Given their quality and beauty I’d say they’re quite affordable and it’s worth spending some time in the gallery and finding a couple of special pieces for your home. Here are a few that I’m thinking about acquiring in the future—I already bought the vase above, which I couldn’t resist. As you can see, I’m partial to the color orange.



However, I’m always open to adding color combinations I’d never cared for, such as in the dinnerware below, when they are presented so delightfully.

And, of course, there are quite a few tile designs, ranging from abstracts to indigenous scenes, which would add a great touch as accents in a kitchen backsplash, a bathroom, or on a tile floor. Because I love birds, here are some with a bird motif.


I can’t wait to start working on my home!

1 comment:

Connie Pombo said...

Oh my, we lived in Italy for six years and I don't remember seeing anything that beautiful. I love the hummingbirds! I can't wait to visit his studio. Thank you for sharing!