March 21, 2010

Light on my Feet


As I was walking around today and having a great time with the usual suspects, Nancy asked me about my shoes because they looked so comfortable. Coincidentally I had been thinking about recommending these shoes for walking in Cuenca. I have several pairs of Terrain and Trekker shoes from Land’s End (landsend.com), from sandals to weatherproof boots and I found, while living in Pennsylvania, that these are the best for casual wear—great quality, extremely comfortable, and for prices you wouldn’t believe. I wear them for gardening, for walking, for hiking, in rain and snow. If you’re going to be walking in Cuenca (and you will!), you couldn’t do much better.

They no longer carry the style I was wearing today, which has velcro straps, but the Toe Strap Mary Jane Trekker comes close. I also like the Terrain Mary Jane Shoes, the Terrain Ballet Shoes, and the Everyday Mary Jane Trekker--all on sale right now! Keep in mind that Land’s End shoes run about a half size large so if you’re an 8, order a 7.5 and so forth. And no, I don't work for Land's End!

No comments: