April 3, 2010

Bowling at the Fun Center


A cousin and her family took a brief Easter weekend vacation to visit Cuenca. School starts on Monday so it was the last school vacation treat. The kids wanted to go bowling at the Fun Center (Bowling Club!) at Mall del Rio, so off we went.



Besides bowling lanes the Fun Center has a bunch of video games, which people of all ages seemed to be enjoying.


Here's my young niece bowling for the first time. I’d never bowled before either but I had the highest score! I won’t say what the score was, because it was so pitifully low. It’s possible that the frozen margarita I had while I was playing ($3.50) didn’t help my coordination but it was pretty tasty.

There are only a few lanes so we had to put our name down and come back in an hour but that might have been because this is a big holiday weekend. I've never seen the mall parking so full. The cost to play is $2.99 per person on weekends and $1.99 on weekdays plus 70¢ for shoe rental. It WAS fun, as promised by their name. Such a traditionally American past time--who’d have thought that I’d do it for the first time in Cuenca.

No comments: